Serving Size: 4
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth, optional water
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup cashews, optional water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a large skillet on high heat, add the broccoli, onion, garlic, mushrooms, red pepper, ginger, and water. Cook, stirring often until broccoli is soft and onions are translucent. Add broth and more as needed to prevent the vegetables from sticking.
- Stir in the carrot, cashews, vinegar, soy sauce, and coconut sugar. Stir well and simmer for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve alone or on top of quinoa or brown rice.