Serving size: 6
For the Shrimp:
- 1 1/2 lbs large raw cleaned shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons avocado oil
For the Guacamole:
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Toasts:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder or to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic power
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together chipotle powder, garlic powder, paprika, and olive oil in small bowl.
- Cut sweet potatoes into discs and arrange on sheet pan. Put spice/oil mixture all over potatoes and throw in the oven when it’s ready. Bake for 25 mins, flipping half way through.
- Mix the chopped avocado, red onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper together. Let marinate in the fridge while you make the shrimp.
- Whisk the sriracha, adobo, garlic powder, and lemon juice in a bowl big enough for the shrimp. Add the shrimp and mix well.
- In a medium sized sauté pan set to med high heat, add avocado oil and when it’s hot and almost going to smoke, start adding shrimp being careful not to crowd the pan.
- Sauté shrimp for about a min or 2 on one side and flip them over and sauté another min. Just until firm and pink.
- Assemble a slice of sweet potato with about a tablespoon of guac and top with shrimp. Sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro.