Serving Size: 2
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 banana, sliced (save a few for topping)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 cups of water, non-dairy milk or a blend of both
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter or another type of nut butter
1. Add oats, banana slices, chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt to a pot. Add water and stir to combine. Heat over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Be sure to stir the oats several times while cooking to make sure the banana slices melt into the oats and the chia seeds don’t clump. You’ll know the oatmeal is done when all the liquid is absorbed and the oats are thick and fluffy.
2. Portion oats into two bowls and serve with peanut butter, banana slices, and a sprinkle of chia seeds. Add a splash of non-dairy milk and/or maple syrup on top before serving, if desired.