Serving Size: 8
- 6-8 chicken pieces (thighs, breasts, drumsticks, whatever you like)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest + 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest + 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest + 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic or garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
1. Position a rack near the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine all the zests, juices, garlic, honey, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and
3 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium bowl. Stir until the honey dissolves.
4. Place the chicken pieces in a bowl. Add the marinade to the bowl and give it a good toss. Allow the chicken to marinate for 15-20 minutes while the oven preheats.
5. Combine the brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes on the sheet pan, drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil along with some salt and pepper. Toss to coat the veggies evenly.
6. Spread the veggies out to create a border, place the chicken pieces in the center of the sheet pan and drizzle half of the marinade over the chicken and veggies.
7. Add the lemon and orange slices on top if you’d like for a more citrus scent/flavor but this is totally optional.
8. Bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes. If the chicken starts browning too quickly, during roasting, cover the tray loosely with a piece of foil. Allow to cool and enjoy!