- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Drizzle of maple syrup or honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet and sautee the onions on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Add the crushed garlic, turmeric, cumin, chilli and coriander as well as a splash of water to create a paste.
3. Add the chickpeas, coconut milk, lemon juice and maple syrup.
4. Cover and bring to a quick boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with boiled rice and fresh coriander. Enjoy!