Serving Size: 6
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, tenders or thighs (if large, cut in half)
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into pieces (about 4 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into skinny sticks
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved if large
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3-4 teaspoon fresh basil, finely chopped + additional for topping
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk to make sauce.
- Place chicken in zip-lock bag with about ⅓ cup of the balsamic sauce. Toss and move chicken breast around to coat. Set in fridge (may marinate for longer period of time if you wish).
- Meanwhile, chop veggies.
- Place veggies, EXCEPT for tomatoes, on the sheet pan. Pour remaining balsamic sauce over veggies and toss veggies to coat. Make sure all pieces are coated.
- Remove chicken from zip-lock bag, move veggies around to make spaces for the chicken. Place chicken on pan.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from oven and add tomatoes and toss veggies. Place back into the oven.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. This will depend on the thickness of the chicken. To ensure chicken is done, you could also use a meat thermometer. Once thermometer reaches 165℉, remove pan from oven.
- Top with chopped fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!