For the Marinate:
- 1½ tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup minced fresh or dry herbs, I used thyme, rosemary, and oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into ¾ inch squares
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges and then ¾ inch squares
- 8-10 mushrooms
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lemon cut into wedges for serving
In a small bowl combine garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, herbs, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Set aside.
Place cut vegetables in a zip lock bag and add 3 tablespoons of the herb marinade. Toss to coat. Place chicken in separate bag and add remaining marinade and toss to coat. Let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 4-6 hours.
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Thread the skewers alternating with meat and vegetables. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill for 3-4 minutes and then flip. Continue to cook and flip when necessary until the chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees.
Serve with lemon wedges and squeeze on top.