- 2 lbs ground lamb (substitute beef, chicken or turkey)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dry mint
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado oil
- Garlic Aioli
- Sliced tomato
- Red onion
- Pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup avocado mayo
- 1 clove garlic, grated or ground to a paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Add everything except for the avocado oil, salt and pepper to a large bowl and mix well.
Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts – approximately 1/4lbs each.
Form into patties, drizzle both sides with a bit of avocado oil and season with salt and pepper.
Preheat a grill to med-high heat.
Grill burgers approximately 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked to your preference.
Transfer burgers to a serving platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
To make the aioli, add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk together.
Cut the iceberg lettuce into wedges.
Arrange each burger individually or serve everything as a buffet so that guests can build their own burgers.